Thursday, February 16, 2012

INNER PEACE

Everyone wants to have this inner peace. Hmmmm... for those asking what is "inner peace"?... according to wikipedia, BLISS, HAPPINESS and CONTENTMENT. In some cultures, inner peace is considered a state of consciousness or enlightenment that may be cultivated by various forms of training, such as prayer, meditation, T'ai Chi Ch'uan or yoga, for example. Finding one is really hard. There must be willingness and effort of course. For some it's not a big thing because they are happy doing things that they want without even thinking whether good or bad. I remembered when I'm in the midst of an ordeal 4 years ago and it remained for years. I even questioned God once but I realized that God has a greater purpose for everything. One night I talked to Him and said "God whatever you want me to do then I'll do it just give me the peace that I've been wanting". T'was unplanned but I've been in a place which I never thought would bring me such happiness and peacefulness. Before I left, I am full of apprehension, frustrations and bitterness and told myself that when I get to that place everything will change and will fill my heart with positive things. I was given a chance to have time for myself. Every morning, I was just staring at the window feeling the rays of the sun and there's this tree wherein I just only saw on my dreams. And I was like, what?!!! the hell!!! that tree!! yes!!! it's for real. And I came into realizations that dreams do come true. Just like in the movie, I was so amazed by it's beauty and I'm imagining that "that tree is my success and to be able to fully appreciate it's beauty I have to do something to be able to go near that tree"and also aside from that effort I should have this strong FAITH in HIM for HE will lead us on the right path. I never really thought that I would truly know GOD  deeply in this place. Seriously, I was born Catholic and I grew up in a very religious environment plus very religious country but I don't understand who God was until He brought me to a place where I would have the time to know HIM deeply. It is always a great feeling talking to Him. For me, finding GOD is my inner peace. Knowing HIM deeply gave me a better understanding what I really wanted in life. God made me realized that no matter how hard life is, He's just right there beside you and he will lead you towards the right path. It was so nice most especially my encounter with him towards my journey and I told myself  "I'm not alone".  I came back to the Philippines bringing this inner peace that God gave me. And after a year, another journey of my life... that was full of stress, frustration and another bitterness... and now I've been missing the inner peace that I once had... I miss it... God, help me.... I need it... T_T

... 15 mins of staring in this blog how to end it. I know it was God who helped me in finding this one. A blog from www.positivityblog.com entitled: How to find inner peace: 5 timeless thoughts.


1. Simplify.
Use a limited to-do list. Only 2 or 3 of the most important things.
Set limits. Set limits for daily checking of inboxes. I do it only once a day. Set time limits for small decisions and make them within seconds after you have thought about them to avoid procrastination and overthinking. Set time limits for tasks such as 15 minutes each day for answering emails or for using Twitter. Set a limit for commitments and say no to be able to feel less stress and produce better results.
Remember to “keep things extremely simple”. I have written down that sentence on my white board and it is a daily and constant reminder that helps me when I lose my way.
2. Accept.
When you accept what is you stop feeding energy into resisting what is. You don’t make a problem more powerful and sticky in your mind. Instead, somewhat counter intuitively, when you accept what is it loses much of its power. It just is.
And you feel stillness inside. Now, accepting what is doesn’t mean to give up. It just means that you put yourself in a better position take action if necessary. Because now you can see more clearly, you can focus your energy towards what you want and take the appropriate action to change your situation.
3. Forgive.
By accepting what is it is much easier to let go of things and to forgive what has happened.
Forgiveness is important because as long as you don’t forgive someone you are linked to that person. Your thoughts will return to the person who wronged you and what s/he did over and over again. The emotional link between the two of you is so strong and inflicts much suffering in you and – as a result of your inner turmoil – most often in other people around you too.
When you forgive you do not only release the other person. You set yourself free too from all of that agony.
One thing to keep in mind is to not just forgive others but also yourself. By forgiving yourself – instead of resenting yourself for something you did a week or 10 years ago – you make the habit of forgiveness more and more of a natural part of you. And so forgiving others becomes easier too.
Also, what you think is a question of forgiving others you may sometimes – after some time and inner struggle – discover is just as much, if not more, about forgiving yourself rather than the other person.
4. Do what you enjoy.
When you do what you enjoy there is a natural peace that arises within. You are in alignment with your outer world. This also leads to a lot more success than if you have a lot of inner turmoil and really don’t care that much for your work.
One of my favorite tips for finding things you enjoy or love doing is simply to explore life. To be curious and try things out and see what you think of them. This can bring many insights both about yourself and about how things really are when you do them rather than when they are just theories floating around in your head.

5. Be careful with your inner peace.
By using the tips above and by living in the present moment you can find a lot more inner peace. Not only during days when things go as planned. But also on days when your world is upset and things aren’t so easy. On such days your inner peace will be very useful to help you make good decisions and to get things done. So be smart, stay calm and be careful with your inner peace.


.... So there you go.... I can do this!!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment